Supporting Youth to be Connected, Heard,
Grey District Youth Trust has been at the forefront of making a difference in the life of Youth in the Grey District since the early 2000s.
To work creatively with young people in ways that cultivate connection, growth, positive change, and participation within the Grey District.
Grey District Youth Trust values culturally inclusive practices through Whakapapa (interconnectedness through time and space); Mauri (inherent potential and life spark); Mana (inherent authority and integrity); Manaakitanga (generosity and care for collective wellbeing); Whanaungatanga (relationship building and connection); and Mātauranga (knowledges). This approach underpins our constitutional and collective aims.
Our constitutional aims
● Support enhance and develop positive opportunities in which young people in the Grey District prosper
● Actively involve young people in initiatives that affect them
● Undertake initiatives in employment, education and social infrastructure which encourage young people to remain in and return to live in the Grey District ● Positively promote the Greymouth district to resident and non-resident youth
● Facilitate easy access to information relevant to the development of youth
● Be responsive to the changing needs of young people
● Support the establishment of a youth/council forum
● Do anything else within New Zealand that will advance any of these aims
Our action areas
The Grey District Youth Trust will actively advocate, support and resource the following action areas;
Youth-friendly spaces and places
The Arts and Wellbeing
Supporting our youth workers for effective youth advocacy and leadership
Hapaitia te ara tika pumau ai te rangatiratanga mo nga uri whakatipu
Foster the pathway of knowledge to strength, independence and growth for future generations.
For more information about the Trust and its work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org